Wednesday, September 2, 2015

SHAMc's First Conference Scheduled!



Dear SHAMc friends, supporters, and curious onlookers,
With thanks to the Safety Harbor Library Foundation for their support.
I am writing with great news. On November 8, 2015, the Safety Harbor Writers & Poets Conference 2015: A Focus on Craft, will be SHAMC's very first major event. I am thrilled to be facilitating something so worthwhile and I know that the building and the people who have helped to make it happen will also make it a success.

For those who don't know me, I run Safety Harbor Writers & Poets. I facilitate two writers groups, one of which is open to the public every 4th Thursday of the month at the Safety Harbor Library. I am also going to start a Teen Writers Group at the library in October. I host Safety Harbor's own Writers & Poets Open Mic Night. Our next event will be at Tapping the Vine on October 14th at 7 p.m.

But let's talk about the conference. We have two amazing Keynote Speakers: Roy Peter Clark and Ray Arsenault. These accomplished authors have the ability to attract the masses, but I won't stop there! There are going to be workshops from completing a novel,  turbocharging your sentences, to publishing, to writing your life purpose.

The cost for this full day conference is $65 if you register by September 30. As of October 1, the price will change to $75. and $85 the day of the event. If you are a student with valid ID, you qualify for the student rate of $45. If any of you would like to sponsor a writer, I know several who'd sincerely appreciate a scholarship, including teens. Any help is appreciated and your name will be publicly recognized.

My root dream for this conference is to help others find their happiness. I am living the life I always wanted and if I can help other writers to grow, it's all worth it. Space will be limited, so please take advantage of the early price ticket if possible. I hope to see you on November 8th at the amazing Safety Harbor Art and Music Center!

Words change lives. It's your time to write.

No comments: