Saturday, April 1, 2017

SongFest Interview with Jake Allen of the Accidentals

The Accidentals are visiting SongFest all the way from Michigan and we're thrilled to have them! While I didn't get to talk to original members Savannah Buist and Katie Larson, I did have the pleasure of speaking with Jake Allen, their newest member.

We were sitting in the Word Wagon at the fourth annual Safety Harbor Songfest and the band was getting ready to perform on the main stage, but Jake took a few minutes to chat.




When Savannah and Katie were still new to it all, they’d ask Jake for help. “They were just finishing high school. I knew they were going to do really well.” He laughed. “They were my fans.

“And then Amber approached me and asked if I’d like to be a part of the band.”


“It’s been crazy working with people who work this hard,” he told me. "Sav and Katie will be on their computers. Amber will be handling finances and promoting, connecting with people. The fun for me is jumping into this and being with like-minded people. I enjoy the hard work"

Their next CD will be out in August and Jake says they’ll be busy touring through May. “Then it goes into festival season.” 

Jake has a new self-released album coming out this year too. “I’ll be touring for that along with my full band,” he said.

Note: As soon as they played a couple songs I received a text from Mike Long, a friend here at the festival. “Hauntingly beautiful! Love the melodic infusion of strings and voices.”

 Learn more about Jake Allen and the Accidentals Here:  http://www.moreaccidentals.com/  http://jakeallenmusic.com/

No comments: