Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Victoria Vox


My first view of Todd and Kiaralinda's impact on the arts was gathered as I hung out of the passenger side car window with my cell phone camera, taking pictures of Whimzey. (Imagine! I was actually trying to be discreet!) But soon after my cell-Paparazzi incident, I met the Whimzey Twins. I was touched when I received an invitation to hear Victoria Vox down at the Safety Harbor Marina on November 8th, 2010.

But...a ukulele? I wondered. Who plays ukuleles? I figured it would be a fun experience, and since I pride myself on having an open mind, I went.

WOW! What an experience indeed! Victoria not only played her uke with a modern flair, she sang, played the mouth trumpet (it sounded like she was playing a real trumpet!) and she brought out a squeezebox! Vox got the crowd involved in her beautiful music. We clapped, stomped our feet, and truly enjoyed the evening.

In a recent e-mail, Victoria wrote about her Safety Harbor concert and experience. "The arts community in Safety Harbor is really special and I feel that the creative arts (either visual or musical) are truly embraced. The people have been nothing but warm and friendly. Todd Ramquist and Kiaralinda are excellent ambassadors for bringing more culture to Safety Harbor for all to enjoy. I've been to Safety Harbor twice now to perform...and would return again any day!"

Victoria Vox travels throughout the US, Canada, and Europe, and averages over 125 performances each year. Her album, Exact Change is available through her website, where you can also check tour dates, read her bio, and listen to her music.

No comments: